Re: ldm won't start

Gabe,

>Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:42:19 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Gabe Langbauer <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: ldm won't start

> This doesn't make sense to me.  The data directory had been a symbolic
> link to this NFS system for some time.  Why would it work previously but
> not now?

You were lucky?  :-)

Honestly, I don't know.  I'm surprised it worked at all.  Besided not
supporting memory-mapping, having the product-queue on a remote,
NFS-mounted disk places another layer of access-control between the LDM
and the product-queue.  The file /etc/fstab contains entries that can
prevent access even if the file permissions grant it.

> Thanks for all of your help.

You're welcome.  Contact me if you have any other problems.