Re: 20050909: LDM - pqexpire not working from config file

Janet,

>Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:25:05 -0600
>From: Janet Scannell <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20050909: LDM - pqexpire not working from config file

> The LDM products that are being sent to the airplane, I want to expire
> from the queue in 12 minutes, so that old images are not sent to the
> airplane because of limited bandwidth and products this old are no
> longer useful.  Other products in the LDM queue, don't need to be
> expired in this fashion.  How do I fix the queue so that images older
> than 12 minutes will not be sent to the airplane?  Or isn't there a way
> to accomplish this?

One can ensure that certain data-products don't exist in the
product-queue by executing the pqexpire(1) program from a crontab(1)
entry.  For example, then entry

    * * * * * bin/pqexpire -a 0.2 -f EXP -p '\.png'

should remove all data-products of feedtype EXP that contain the string
".png" and do so every minute.

Alternatively, pqexpire(1) could be executed by an EXEC entry in the LDM
configuration-file, in which case, the "-i interval" option must be used:

    EXEC "pqexpire -i 60 -a 0.2 -f EXP -p '\.png'"

In normal operation, however, the LDM shouldn't resend data-products
that have been already received.

Please feed free to call me at X-8648 to discuss this.

> Thanks,
> Janet

Regards,
Steve Emmerson