20050810: LDM JNI Interface

>From: Paul Hamer <address@hidden>

Hi Paul,

I apologize for not getting back to you on this last week...

>Would Unidata be interested in a Java/JNI interface to the LDM product
>queue?

We would certainly be interested in taking a look at what you have
developed!

>In the group I work for at FSL we've always used LDM and actually try to get
>more out of it than is published.

We love that about you guys :-)

>To that end I've already developed C, C++
>libraries to map directly to the product queue and give developers abit more
>information about the data that you can easily get from pipe/file etc.

Interesting.  When Steve Emmerson, the Unidata LDM developer, returns
from travel (tomorrow or Friday) and gets caught up, I am sure that he
will drop you a line about these developments.

>To take that a step further I've implemented a similar interface in Java
>using JNI to handle the calls to the product queue from the ldm libraries.
>
>We've always found this framework for use of LDM useful and I was
>wondering if Unidata would be interested in distributing it.

I think that before committing to distributing your work we need to
take a look at what you have done and see how it might fit in with our
LDM and possibly THREDDS work.

I am CCing Steve on this reply so that he will have some background in
what is available.  I will be out pretty much unavailable for the
entire week next week (on travel through Thursday, and meetings on
Friday).

Thanks for letting us know about the Java JNI interface to the LDM
queue!

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas