20050805: SUCCESS! RE: 20050803: LDM 6.4.1 compile problem on Solaris using gcc 3.4 (cont.)

>From: "Magee, David" <address@hidden>

Hi David,

re: build attempts
>I had tried maybe 15-20 different combinations, setting (and not setting)
>enviornment variables, changing the configure options, etc. It is a great
>feeling to get it working!

You _are_ persistent... 15-20 attempts is beyond most people's tolerance
limit :-)

>So, a trivia (of sorts) question for you - from my ldmd.log
>
>Aug 05 19:04:34 weatherman pps[25790] INFO:     3546 20050805190429.706
>PPS 000  FOUS71 KTIR 051901 /pFFHPA3
>Aug 05 19:04:34 weatherman pps[25790] INFO: Product already in queue
>
>So the product was already in the queue, does that mean that it will not
>take actions specified in pqact.conf?

It would have been acted on by pqact.conf actions when it was first
put into the queue.  If you inserted the product, then changed your
pqact.conf action, and then tried reinserting the product, then
your pqact.conf action will not be run.

>For example, if I had a FILE set for this
>product in my pqact.conf, would it skip the FILE, or execute the FILE again,
>this overwriting the file on disk?

It would not execte the FILE action again, since the product was not
reinserted in the queue.

>Thanks!

No worries.