Re: #define.

Stonie,

>Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:54:06 +0000
>From: "Stonie R. Cooper" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: #define.

> Steve - great job on 6.4.0; observation . . . in the configure created
> config/ldmconfig.h, line 5 on a standard Linux:
>
> #define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500
>
> For linking external libs or executables to the LDM, if possible, it may be
> good to surround with check macro:
>
> #ifndef _XOPEN_SOURCE
> #define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500
> #endif

Done.  It'll be in the next release.

> RedHat EL 3.0 and 4.0 have _XOPEN_SOURCE defined in
> /usr/include/features.h as 600.  Gentoo and Debian Sarge Linux have no
> problem - just RHEL.  But the above fixes RHEL without breaking it for
> others.

Interesting.  I didn't know that RHEL3 and RHEL4 violated the standard
in that way (that macro is supposed to be defined by the user rather
than by the compilation environment).

Thanks for reporting this.

> Again, great job.

You're welcome.  Let me know if you encounter anything odd.  Good luck.

> --
> Stonie Cooper,
> Planetary Data, Incorporated
> (402) 727-6599