Re: Re-insert into the LDM queue

Angel,

>Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:10:39 +0000
>From: "Angel Corona" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re-insert into the LDM queue

> What is the best way to get something back into the LDM queue to be
> processed on a machine listening to my machine.
>
> For example:  a forecaster runs a program that creates a text forecast.
> This forecast is put into the LDM queue that another machine takes and
> runs a script that sends it out. Say something goes wrong with the
> script so it doesn't go out. I then fix the script. The forecaster then
> runs the program again. Now the forecast will not be inserted into the
> queue because it says it was already inserted into the queue (it matched
> the previous one exactly). Now we can not send the product out because
> we can't get the product into the queue so it can run on the other
> machine again.
>
> How do I avoid this problem and get the queue to accept another
> insertion of the same thing?

The problem isn't that the LDM product-queue won't accept a duplicate
data-product; rather, then problem is that you need to reprocess
the data-product that's already in the product-queue.  Deleting the
data-product in question and then re-inserting it would be one solution
to this problem.  I believe that the pqexpire(1) utility could be used
to delete a single data-product by very careful specification of the
feedtype and pattern.  You should test this.

Another possibility -- assuming that the "other" machine receives the
data-product via the LDM -- would be to manually execute the pqact(1)
utility on that other system.  Again, the feedtype and pattern would have
to be carefully specified to ensure that the desired data-product was
the only one acted upon.

You should be able to get more information on the pqexpire(1) and
pqact(1) utilities by executing the man(1) utility as the LDM user.