20050516: doubt with filenames (cont.)

>From: "Smith, Matt" <address@hidden>

Hi Matt,

>I hope things are going well with you out there.

I am well, thanks.

>A sample file name is:

Is this the input file name (the one used as the IDD product metadata)
or the name of the file you want created from your pqact.conf entry?

>WMM5v370-TAM_20050516T0000_20050517T1200_20050517T1200_DOMAIN1_Z.bin.gz
>     (1)     (   2  ) ( 3) (   4  ) ( 5) (   6  ) ( 7) (  8  )
>
>(I had to put the parentheses "under" the desired characters).

Inspection of the regular expression included in the exchange
you had with Gerry earlier shows that that it doesn't
do what you want if the file names match this exmaple OR the
example sent earlier:

WMM5v370-TAM_yyyymmddThhmm_yyy1m1d1Th100_yyy2m2d2Th200_DOMAIN1_Z.bin.gz

I think you are trying to show what the output file name will be; true?
If yes, what is an example of the pattern you are trying to match?

>These file names contain 'field's separated by underscores.  The actual
>goal is to determine the characters in the 5th 'field' - "DOMAIN1" in
>this case.  If I have to, I can live with the entire end of the file
>name: "DOMAIN1_Z.bin.gz".
>
>What would you suggest?

You can use a number of different patterns that will match product
metadata in the form you list.  Until I see examples of the
product metadata, I can't advise you on regular expressions that
would match efficiently.

>Thanks in advance,

No worries.