20050429: LDM - Binaries available?

Scott,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "Scott Swank" <address@hidden>
> Subject: LDM - Binaries available?

> Institution: NOAA/NWS
> Package Version: 6
> Operating System: HP-UX 10.20
> Hardware Information: Various HP servers
> Inquiry: Sorting through multiple mailing list entries tells me that
> LDM 6+ has been ported successfully to HP-UX 10.20, but is it possible
> to have someone post a link to the binaries?  I downloaded the source
> for 6.1 and after a fashion was able to compile it; however, it only
> partially works.  It is able to read data from the queue when my linux
> workstation inserts, but it cannot insert the data itself.  I get no
> errors, the machines ldmping each other fine, the logs say they are
> talking, but when my HP box inserts into the queue, the other systems
> never see it.
>
> Anyone have any succefully compiled binaries or suggestions?

The problem you describe doesn't sound like it's due to a build error.
So, I'd be surprised if installing a binary distribution would solve the
problem.  Also, we don't have an HP-UX 10 binary distibution (or system,
for that matter).

Is there any chance I could log onto your HP-UX system?  I can give you
references from NOAA people.

Alternatively (but definitely a slower solution), can you start the LDM
on the HP-UX 10 system in verbose logging mode and send me its logfile?

> Thanks,
> Scott Swank

LDM Developer