20050429: LDM - Binaries available?

Scott,

>Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:34:07 -0800
>From: "Scott Swank" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20050429: LDM - Binaries available?

> I need some basic information to make sure that I'm starting version 6
> correctly.  I currently have version 5 running on my production server
> in /home/ldm.

I assume that your version 5 LDM is in the directory /home/ldm/ldm-5...

> I have installed version 6.1 in /home/ldm/ldm-6.1.0.
> I've setup a link for runtime as:
> runtime -> ldm-6.1.0

Good.

The current LDM release is version 6.3.0.

> What do I need to add to my path to run ldmadmin -v start

Actually, the command would be "ldmadmin start -v".

> so it checks the runtime and starts the correct version?  I'd
> previously gone directly to /home/ldm/ldm-6.1.0/bin to start it.  Will
> that work?  Starting version 5 is done by going to /home/ldm/bin...

If the first, LDM-related component in your PATH environment variable is

    /home/ldm/runtime/bin

then the command "ldmadmin" should get the correct ldmadmin(1) script.
Note, however, that if you're using a non-standard, csh(1)-like
user-shell, then you should probably execute the rehash(1) command
before executing ldmadmin(1).

One way to verify which ldmadin(1) you're getting is to execute the
command "ldmadmin config".  The output should depend on the LDM version.

> Thanks,
> Scott

Regards,
Steve Emmerson