20050412: "Unable to receive" message in logfile

Angelo,

>Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:11:45 -1000
>From: "Alvarez, Angelo CIV NAVPACMETOCCEN JTWC" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20050412: "Unable to receive" message in logfile

> the address transform rule allows the firewall to reveal the system's
> real IP address otherwise the upstream ldm sees the firewall interface
> as the soure (gw2-dmz).

Sounds like the "firewall" is acting more like a tunneling proxy.

Is there an ALLOW entry in the upstream LDM's configuration-file for the
firewall?

> In our previous version (ldm 5.2), there was no need for an address
> transform rule for the downstream ldm.  Is there a need now?

Got me.  If the firewall's doing its job correctly, then I don't see
what the problem could be.  For version 5 of the protocol, LDM-6 uses
the same LDM-5 code that LDM 5.2 does.

Can you try adding an address transform rule and see what happens?