Re: 20050412: broken pipe error while compiling LDM 6.3.0 using GCC on Solaris 8

Angelo,

>Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:24:50 -1000
>From: "Alvarez, Angelo CIV NAVPACMETOCCEN JTWC" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20050412: broken pipe error while compiling LDM 6.3.0 using GCC
>on Solaris 8

> ok.  It appears I have 2 installations of yacc: /usr/local/bin/yacc and
> /usr/ccs/bin/yacc.
>
> niihau% /usr/local/bin/yacc -V conf.y
> bison (GNU Bison) 1.875d
> Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

> niihau% /usr/ccs/bin/yacc -V conf.y
> yacc: Software Generation Utilities (SGU) Solaris-ELF (4.0)
>
> niihau% /usr/local/bin/yacc -V
> bison (GNU Bison) 1.875d
> Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

> niihau%  /usr/ccs/bin/yacc -V
> yacc: Software Generation Utilities (SGU) Solaris-ELF (4.0)
> command line: fatal: cannot open input file
>
> The PATH is as follows:
> PATH=/h/ldm/bin:/h/ldm/util:/h/ldm/decoders:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

Interesting.  On my Solaris system, I use /usr/ccs/bin/yacc.  You might
think about swapping the "/usr/ccs/bin" and "/usr/local/bin" components
in your path.  If you do, then you'll need to re-execute the
configure(1) script.

In any case, what does the command "make" do in the server/
subdirectory?