20050404: syslogd on ldm ?

>From:  Waldenio Almeida <address@hidden>

Hi Waldenio,

>I write an LDM+GEMPAK installation guide (in portuguese),
>and it is working fine so far... But for the olders versions
>of LDM and GEMPAK on RedHat.
>
>Now I update this stuff, for LDM 6.3 and Fedora Core 3.
>I've checked your last notes for LDM 6.3 too, and did the
>modifications on /etc/rpc, /etc/services and /etc/syslog.conf
>
>But now, my first installation on fedora 3 didn't work well.
>the syslogd do now work, so the ldmd.log is always empth :-(

Under Fedora Core 3, there is an additional configuration that
must be done for the LDM syslogd logging to work (by default
syslogd is restricted to log for a certain set of facilities
and in a restricted of directories; this must be changed):

<as 'root'>
cd /etc/selinux

-- modify the file 'config' and set the value of SELINUX to be
   'disabled':

SELINUX=disabled

You will need to reboot to make this modification active to get syslogd
logging working..

>I am sending you my last guide. It is in portuguese :-P
>but you can just see the unix commands.

Please let us know (address@hidden) if the SELINUX
modification works for you.