Re: ldmprods(1) (was: Re: LDM 6.3.0 released)

Mark,

>Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:59:05 -0600 (CST)
>From: "Mark J. Laufersweiler" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: ldmprods(1) (was: Re: LDM 6.3.0 released)

> Okay cool. So how do I usse it so that I can see the stats as
> well?  The example (and how it is set up) is for the stats to go
> back to Unidata.

Change the rtstats(1) EXEC entry in the LDM configuration-file,
ldmd.conf, so that statistics are sent to your LDM.  For example

    EXEC        "rtstats -h my.local.system"

Process the rtstats(1) data-products by selecting them in a pqact(1)
configuration-file.  For example, we processes them via a GEMPAK decoder

    EXP ^rtstats        PIPE    decoders/dcrtstats data/rtstats/%Y%m%d.nc

You can do something similar (GEMPAK was used because the person who
wrote the rtstats(1) processing-system, Steve Chiswell, is also the
GEMPAK guru).

The data-products are formatted text and the format is documented in the
rtstats(1) man(1)-page.  Personally, I'd probably massage them via
awk(1) into something that can be plotted via gnuplot(1).

Regards,
Steve Emmerson