: 20050310: LDM running in a clustered environmet

Angelo,

>Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:27:00 -1000
>From: "Alvarez, Angelo CIV NAVPACMETOCCEN JTWC" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20050309: LDM running in a clustered environmet

> Wow, thanks for the quick response.  Since only the active system will
> be running ldm, I think I will copy the ldm installation to the RAID
> array and test running it from there on both systems.  Both systems will
> use the same hostname ($hostname variable is set in the ldmadmin script)
> which points to the virtual IP so it should work.

The $hostname variable in the ldmadmin(1) script is used by the LDM
system as the identifier of the host that created a data-product or
that's reporting statistics (via rtstats(1)).  It's not used for any
other purpose.  In particular, it's not directly used by any downstream
LDM: they are told by the LDM user from what systems to request data
(the names are usually the same, however).

So, if your cluster's to work, don't expect the $hostname variable to
play much of a part.

> Thank you for your assistance.

You're welcome.  Contact address@hidden if you have further
questions.