20050217: LDM and Firewall

Hi Waldenio!

>Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:38:39 -0700
>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: 20050217: LDM and Firewall

> During the works with the installations of new LDM machines,
> a doubth arise: Ok, to relay data to another site, I need 388 port
> free in-out (both directions) in the firewall.

That's correct.

> But in machines that only get data from another IDD partner (no relay),
> I need only the firewall free to "in" at 388 port, while the
> "out" can remain closed ?

Your "in" and "out" seem reversed.

Let computer A send data-products to computer B, then any firewall
between A and B must allow packets to go from any port on B to port 388
on A. The firewalls must also allow packets to go from port 388 on A to
the port on B that was used to establish the TCP connection.

OK?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson