20050207: ldmadmin dostats

>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

Hi Harry,

>With rtstats, is there any reason to continue to run "ldmadmin dostats"
>every hour?

Yes.  The files that pqbinstats produces in ~ldm/logs will be used to
initialized rtstats if they exist.  This means that the rtstats
counters for volume/numbers of products will not get reset to zero
if the LDM is stopped and restarted.

The pqbinstats files do not, however, needed to be mailed back to
Unidata.  You do need to make sure that they get scoured once per
day.  I suggest updating your installation to the following:

- if you have a crontab entry for 'ldmadmin dostats' delete it

- modify your ~ldm/etc/scour.conf file and add a line to scour
  the .stats files produced by pqbinstats:

scour.conf:

~ldm/logs               1       *.stats

- if you are not already running scour once per day, add a crontab
  entry to do so