Re: New LDM server

Hi Brian,

The problem you reported is not the problem I saw on nexraditr.iihr.uiowa.edu. Instead, I saw this:

address@hidden ldm]$ hupsyslog
hupsyslog: kill -HUP 4800: Permission denied

This is because of a missing step in the build process, a step you must do as root. That is,

address@hidden src]# make install_setuids

which I did.  Now, when I run ./ldm-6.2.0/bin/hupsyslog it works fine.

You, however, have a nonstandard installation. Instead of runtime being a pointer to ldm-6.2.0, it is a separate directory. And, that runtime/bin/hupsyslog doesn't have the permissions set right and will give you the error above.

I suggest you standardize the installation - it will make your life easier. Take a look at the installation on ldm.iihr.uiowa.edu. (It's my recollection that I changed that installation from something like what you have on your new machine to what's there now, the standard installation.) I think if you standardize the installation then when you follow the installation instructions it should all just work.

Give that a try and let me know if you have any problems. I'm happy to help you accomplish that.

Anne

Miller, Brian S wrote:
Anne-
Actually it is on another new server that I am setting up.  If you want
to take a look at it, it is nexraditr.iihr.uiowa.edu

Use the same username and password you use for the other ldm server.
Brian