20041213: LDM on FreeBSD 5.3 (cont.)

>From: Brendon Hoch <address@hidden>

Brendon,

>Any progress on this issue?  Any hope of getting something in place
>before the new year?  If I can provide any assistance, please let me know.

Investigation of the LDM build problem under FreeBSD 5.3 is on Steve
Emmerson's list of things to do, but there is currently no ETA for the
work to begin or end.  Sorry we can't provide you with a more concrete
schedule, but there are a number of pressing issues pending currently.

>Thanks,

My advice at this point is that if you must make a decision by the
first of the year, that you seriously consider running a version
of FreeBSD that we have verified will run the LDM.  The latest
such release in use here at the UPC is 4.10.

>From address@hidden  Tue Dec 14 14:37:37 2004

I managed to recruit our local FreeBSD guru, Ted Wisniewski to take a
shot at compiling, and I think we're running now.  Attached is a tarball
of modified ldm files.

Have a good holiday!
Brendon
--