20040831 rpc.ldmd signal 11s

Art,

>Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:13:15 -0400 (EDT)
>From: "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040831 rpc.ldmd signal 11s

> One think I forgot to mention... I build the ldm for large files, so I
> included the following line in the configure script:
>
> CFLAGS="-O -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE"

That's good to know.  Thanks.

> I'm actually using C shell for the ldm account, so I think the command is
> limit/unlimit.  When I type limit, coredumpsize is marked unlimited, so I
> think a core should be dumped, correct?

A core-file should have been created.

> I didn't see one though.  Should
> it show up in /usr/local/ldm like other non-rpc child cores?

It should appear in the directory given by the $ldmhome variable in the
ldmadmin(1) script.  The script makes this directory the current working
directory before executing the LDM server.

> Okay, I believe I've got this set up.  If it happens again, hopefully
> we'll get a core dump.  I'm going to build it this way on the other system
> that quit previously as well.   Maybe we'll double our odds  :)

Good idea.

Thanks for helping with this.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson