20040803: problem with ldm installation on Linux (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Hi Ying,

>Actually ldm was installed on this machine weeks before. But for some reason
>we had to reinstal the machine, now have no way to build ldm. Please check
>the as below:

OK.

re: output from 'env':

>CC=/usr/bin/gcc
>CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG
>CFLAGS=-O3
>LIBS=-lrpcsoc

I recommend that you do the following:

1) remove the define for LIBS
2) remove the setting for CFLAGS or change it to -O
3) _if_ you think you might want to build the LDM to be able to
   use a large queue ( <= 4 GB on Linux; the limit otherwise will
   be 2 GB ), set CPPFLAGS as follows:

CPPFLAGS=-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE

   If you don't want to make with a large queue, remove the setting
   of CPPFLAGS.

After making the changes I suggest, do the following:

<as the user building your LDM>

cd ~/ldm-6.0.14/src
make distclean
./configure
make
make install
sudo make install_setuids

>> - the output of 'uname -a'
>Linux unidata 2.4.21-15.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Jun 29 18:04:47 EDT 2004 i686 i68
> 6 i386 GNU/Linux

Looks OK.

>> - the output of 'cat /etc/*releas*
>LSB_VERSION="1.3"
>Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 2)

OK, thanks.  I think that your entire problem was the setting of LIBS.

>Thank you!

No worries.