20040803: problem with ldm installation on Linux

>From: address@hidden

Ying,

>I met a problem when installing ldm6.0.14 on a linux machine. The
>'make' can not get through due to the error in md5c.c. Attached are the
>configure.log, config.log, and make.log.

Can you give us some particulars on your machine and environment
in which you tried building the LDM?  What I would like to see are:

- output of 'uname -a'
- output of 'cat /etc/*releas*
- a listing of the environment variables in scope when you tried the
  build

>I found in the configure.log that, the size of int is 0,  size of long
>is 0 too. Seems strange, right?

This is, indeed, strange/wrong.  I see from the listing in config.log
that this is being caused by the rpcsoc library not being found:

configure:1296: /usr/bin/gcc -o conftest -O3 -DNDEBUG  conftest.c -lrpcsoc 1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lrpcsoc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

On a Fedora Core 1 system on which I just rebuilt the LDM, gcc is not
told to search the rpcsoc library for the tests.  Because of this, I
suspect that you have one more environment variables set that you
should not have.

Can you send us:

- the output of 'env' run from the Unix command line
- the output of 'uname -a'
- the output of 'cat /etc/*releas*

>Thank you very much for your help, again!!

No worries.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas