20040713: question about radar data downloading - another question

>From: address@hidden

Ying,

>Thanks!

No worries.

re: request     FNEXRAD ".*" upstream_feed_host

>Actually I'm trying different kinds of data, including surface data, upperair
>data etc. So I need to use ALL.

OK, just so long as you recognize that specifying ANY for any
datastream could, depending on who you are feeding from, end up with
you receiving over 3 GB/hr of data.

re: LDM transfer vs remote server access
>I was expecting to distribute these data via LDM. Is it possible to create a
>new FEED TYPE for these data so that sites outside gmu can download them from
>our server using LDM?

It is not currently possible to create a new feed type, but you could use
the EXP feed type.  I recommend taking a look at the man page for pqinsert
to see some ideas on inserting products into your LDM queue so they
could be sent to downstream sites.

>Thanks again,

No worries.