20040711: Multiple pqact.conf files?

>From: Dan Leins <address@hidden>

Dan,

>I was curious if it was possible to use more than 1 pqact.conf files at
>different times.  For example, would it be possible to configure 1
>pqact.conf for strictly radar and observational data, and one for
>everything else?

Yes.  What you would do is have two 'exec' actions in your ldmd.conf
file and specify which datastream(s) they are to be used for.  Here is
an example:

exec    "pqact -f NNEXRAD /usr/local/ldm/etc/GEMPAK/pqact.gempak_nexrad"
exec    "pqact -f ANY-NNEXRAD /local/ldm/etc/GEMPAK/pqact.gempak_decoders"

>There are times when I do not need all of the excess
>data, and would like to conserve bandwidth during those times.  Is there
>any option to start ldmadmin with an option pointing to the pqact, or
>even the ldmd.conf file of choice?

There is no option to start ldmadmin with different ldmd.conf files;
you would have to write a script that would do what you want.

You can, however, change the content of pqact.conf without shutting
down the LDM.  After making the change(s) (which could be switching a
link to point at a different file, etc.), you should run 'ldmadmin
pqactcheck' to verify that there are not typos in your pqact.conf file,
and if there are no errors you would run 'ldmadmin pqactHUP'.  This
sends a HUP signal to all pqacts that are running telling them to
reread their pqact.conf files.

>Thank you,

No worrkes.

>Dan Leins