20040615: Quick update on weather3.admin.niu.edu... (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

re: initial tests of large (> 2GB) queue under Fedora Core 2

>Do you know what the problem could be? A buggy Gnu compiler?

It is too early to tell, and any specualtion would most likely
be wrong.

re: swapping the RAM in the DIMM slots

>No, but typically that isn't the problem. It's very rare. I will, however,
>make sure they are in their slots properly.

What I meant is if one DIMM is marginally bad, you could verify this
by moving its memory location.  Right now, you are under the impression
that you can keep things working if you keep your LDM queue under a
certain size.  If this is cause by bad memory, it may be that the
queue could be larger or smaller depending on which DIMM is in which
slot.  Just a thought...