20040518: LDM problem: Denying connection from localhost.loca l domain

Rodney,

>Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:22:05 -0700
>From: "Jacques, Rodney" <address@hidden>
>To: "'Steve Emmerson'" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20040518: LDM problem: Denying connection from localhost.loca l
>domain

> Here is the file.

> ALLOW ANY
> ^((localhost|loopback)|(127\.0\.0\.1\.?$)|([a-z].*\.unidata\.ucar\.edu\.?$))
> ALLOW ANY     ^granite\.npmoc-sd\.navy\.mil
> ALLOW ANY     ^galileo\.wrh\.noaa\.gov
> ALLOW ANY     ^eldm4\.fsl\.noaa\.gov

This is getting too weird.

I want to get the log messages from the LDM server in debug mode when a
notifyme(1) is tried.  Please do the following:

    1.  Become the LDM user in the LDM user's home directory.

    2.  Get the process-ID of the top-level LDM server:

            pid=`cat ldmd.pid`

    3.  Put the top-level LDM server in debug mode:

            kill -USR2 $pid
            kill -USR2 $pid

        Yes, you must execute the command twice.

    4.  Attempt a debugging notifyme(1) to the top-level LDM server:

            notifyme -vxl-

        Same the output from the above command in the file
        "notifyme.log".  The above command should fail immediately
        because of the problem you're having.

    5.  Restore the top-level LDM server to regular logging.

            kill -USR2 $pid

    6.  Send me everything in the LDM logfile between the "Going
        verbose" and "Going silent" messages.