20040518: LDM problem: Denying connection from localhost.loca l domain

Rodney,

>Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 10:17:09 -0700
>From: "Jacques, Rodney" <address@hidden>
>To: "'Steve Emmerson'" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20040518: LDM problem: Denying connection from localhost.loca l
>domain

> The feedme process only starts if I call it manually from the command line.
> It will not start automatically.

Good.  I hope you realize that you shouldn't need to execute the
feedme(1) program.

> I have attached a new ldmd.log file. (open with Wordpad)

Wordpad!?  #@$%! Jim.  I'm a UNIX guru, not a window washer!  :-)

Sorry.  Couldn't resist.  I can view it just fine.

> The LDM connects to the upstream LDMs and appears willing to feed. I
> can do an ldmping on 2 servers from FSL and NWS.

I take it you can't do an ldmping(1) to Granite from Granite.

> But I continue to get a denied connection from our local machine.

I see that from you logfile:

    May 18 16:43:30 granite rpc.ldmd[2997]: Denying connection from
granite.npmoc-sd.navy.mil

It's strange that this time it said "granite.npmoc-sd.navy.mil" instead
of "localhost.localdomain".

Try

    1.  Adding an ALLOW entry for granite.npmoc-sd.navy.mil to the LDM
        configuration-file.

    2.  Restarting the LDM

    3.  Trying the notifyme(1) request again.

    4.  Trying an ldmping(1) on Granite to Granite.

Let me know.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson