20040419: LDM - Linux - rtstats

Stephen,

I parse the information sent back by sites here into a netcdf FILE for
web plots at http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/rtstats
For your own use, it depends on what you want to view.

The fields in the rtstats message are described in the LDM man page on rtstats.
There are 11 fields in the stats message. Of basic interest,
for the 5th field, which contains the origin point of the product,
for the ingest machine, there will only be the one name. Then,
as products are passed along, the immediate upstream site name will be
found following the _v_ string. I use this for determining the
product routing. Otherwise, each message will have the same format.

You can restrict the feedtypes that your rtstats processes if needed.

The nprods and nbytes are hourly totals, so will increase through the
hour as products are received.

The 2 date/times are the beginning are in whole seconds, so
there is the possibility that you will get -1 second latency
on internal products (rounding inaccuracy) depending on
how frequently the hosts sync their time (so allow for that possibility),
anything more on the negative side signals a definite clock error.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support