20040402: access to UNIWSIC imagery (cont.)

>From: "Luis A. Lopez" <address@hidden>

Hi Luis,

>  The line
>
>exec        "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"
>
>is already in ldmd.conf, I opened port 388 on my firewall to the ip
>address 128.117.140.64, let me know if you get the statistics.

OK, that was it.  We are now getting the real time stats.

One thing you can see from the stats is that your clock is apparently
off by about an hour:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?UNIWISC+climatemaster.uprm.edu

One thing that is crutial in getting realtime data through the IDD is
having synchronized clocks.  We routinely find that sites are not using
ntpd or ntpdate to set their clocks, so we have to remind them to set
it up.

The easiest way to set one's clock is to run ntpdate from 'root's
crontab.  Here is the example I usually send:

0,15,30,45 * * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate timeserver > /dev/null

Here, 'timeserver' would be replaced by a fully qualified hostname
of a time server that will allow you to use it to set your clock.

>I'm working with the instructions for the decoders,

OK.  Please don't hesitate to ask questions if things don't make sense.

>thanks, have a nice weekend.

You too.