Re: tgsv50 and AIX patch info

Mike,

>Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 05:34:01 -0700 (MST)
>From: Mike Schmidt <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden,
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: tgsv50 and AIX patch info

> It's my observation that one of the following AIX patches contain a
> RPC libc change that's incompatible with the existing LDM code;
>
>  AIX 4.3  AIX 5.1
>  IY36463  IY36507    SECURITY: RPC Service DOS Vulnerability
>  IY38541  IY38471    Change libc TCP RPC to use non-blocking I/O

The last patch would be the one that's causing the problem.
Having non-blocking I/O as a default is incompatible with the RPC
standard.

I regret that for personal reasons I"m going to be unavailable until
next Monday.  At that time I'll try modifying the LDM code to see if
this problem can be worked around.