20040315: Unidata LDM feeds for Vietnam (cont.)

>From: Mai Nguyen <address@hidden>

Mai,

re: finishing LDM installation
>I have done the 5 steps as you explained. Please have
>a look to check if I've done right.

I logged on yesterday and reviewed the changes you made.
Everything looks good, but the real proof will be when
data gets ingested.

>For the DNS, I have talked with my network
>administrator and we will get it as soon as possible.
>I guess then that we will have to wait a bit.

OK.  We really need the DNS service setup to run things
correctly.

>The question about the ethernet connection. Our LAN
>now is only on 10Mbps, but we are planning to upgrade
>it to 100Mbps during the first half of this year.
>However, since the traffic in our network is not too
>bad, the bandwidth still have lots of room.

The network bandwidth I was referring to was mostly from
whatever upstream IDD node that will feed you to your
machine.  This measure will encompass both your local
network bandwidth and that to the global internet.

>In the mean time, I wonder if you could help me to
>decode some of our data into the GEMPAK format. We
>have model output from our Regional Model (HRM), and
>some satellite images (from GOES-9 through Japan). It
>would be great if we could display and interact with
>those data with NAWIPS system. Thank you very much.

What is the format of the GOES-9 imagery?  If it is
McIDAS AREA format, then GEMPAK will be able to display
the images with very little work.

As far as the model data, this should be simple enough if
you are using the Unidata distribution of GEMPAK/NAWIPS.
Are you using the Unidata distribution?  If yes, I will
turn your question over to a different Unidata staff member
for additional help.  I must let you know, however, that
he will be out of the office until next Wednesday.

Also, I have been trying to SSH to your machine for the past
several minutes, and I am not able to do so.  Is the machine
up?