20040203: detecting proper incorporation of gdbm library

Neil,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "Neil R. Smith" <address@hidden>
> Subject: detecting proper incorporation of gdbm library

> I have reason to suspect that our pqsurf.conf DBFILE actions are
> generating dbm formated files that are incompatable with the weather
> program. I want to know if there is a way to determine if the
> appropriate binary got compiled with the gdbm library I generated for it
> (the libgdbm.a from Neilley's weather program version). I think I set
> things up for the LDM build as recommended in the various archive emails
> on the subject, but I may have missed something critical.

Do you still have the "make.log" file from the build of the LDM package?
If so, they you could examine it to see what database library was used
in the linking of the pqsurf(1) utility.  If you send me that file, then
I'll examine it.

> The OS is FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE,
> LDM 6.0.14
>
> Thanks. -Neil
> --
> Neil R. Smith, Comp. Sys. Mngr.               address@hidden
> Dept. Atmospheric Sci., Texas A&M Univ.       979/845-6272 FAX:979/862-4466

Regards,
Steve Emmerson
LDM Developer