20040115: LDM monitoring question

Hi Carl,

> To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
> From: Carl Sinclair <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: 20040113: monitoring question

> We are looking for a more efficient way to monitor connections via LDM.
> We are not apposed to writing additional code, but we certainly want to
> explore our options first.  We want to avoid sifting through the log
> file as well. Do you have any documentation for the low-level
> communication of the LDM client-server model?  That might allow us to
> sniff what's happening outside of LDM.  Thanks!

I'd start with the description of LDM behavior at

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/ldm-6.0.14/basics/behavior.html

and then investigate the rtstats(1) program.  This program has a
man(1)-page in the distribution.  You might be able to modify rtstats(1)
to do what you want.

I'd then give me a call.  :-)

I'm experimenting with putting the LDM codebase under our experimental
GForge system (www.gforge.org -- it's similar to SourceForge).  Are you
interested in becoming a developer?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson