20040109: emo doesn't like bigbird again... (cont.)

>From: Gerry Creager N5JXS <address@hidden>

Gerry,

>OK: Follow-up question.
>
>I *thought* I knew how to get a product queue started somewhere else,
>but when I invoke "ldmadmin start -q /usr/local/ldm/queue/ldm.pq" I get
>the following:
>
>[ldm@bigbird ~/queue]$ ldmadmin delqueue -q /usr/local/ldm/queue/ldm.pq
>[ldm@bigbird ~/queue]$ ldmadmin mkqueue -q /usr/local/ldm/queue/ldm.pq
>[ldm@bigbird ~/queue]$ ldmadmin start -q /usr/local/ldm/queue/ldm.pq
>Starting the LDM server (this can take a while)...
>Jan 9 15:55:10 UTC bigbird.tamushsc.edu : product queue,
>/usr/local/ldm/data/ldm.pq, does not exist
>
>Did I miss an incantation somewhere?

The standard way to setup the LDM is to create a ~ldm/data directory
or make ~ldm/data a link to a directory somewhere else.  With this
setup, deleting and making the queue is as simple as:

ldmadmin delqueue
ldmadmin mkqueue

and starting is:

ldmadmin start

I strongly recommend that you setup bigbird to follow the recommended
installation since it will make maintenance of the LDM much easier.