20031204: Fwd: LDM installation at Western Michigan Univesity. (cont.)

>From: Karthik Samudram Jayaraman <address@hidden>

Karthik,

>I am mailing you after a long time. I just spoke to my Admin. He
>said he is done with the stuff he needs to do. He said he has to
>still change the syslog.conf. But he said that should not affect out
>etting the data ingestion.

It would be best if he made the modifications to /etc/syslog.conf,
/etc/rpc, and /etc/services before getting the LDM setup.  The reason
for this is so that we can easily get log messages that will let us
know if things are working as they should be, or if there are problems.

>So e said we can carry on with our data ingestion stuff.

The setup of the above files really does take only a couple of minutes.

>So can you help me in doing this as you had told me.

I am willing to set up the LDM and let you know what I have done.

>I hope you still have the username and passowrd.

I do.

>Thanx a lot. Iam in another class right now. I will mail you in
>detail later.

I need to know several things before starting.  In particular,
I need to know what data is to be ingested and decoded into McIDAS
formats.

Tom