20031201: increase data/product maximum? (for satellite imagery)

David,

> To: address@hidden
> From: David Larson <address@hidden>
> Subject: increase data/product maximum? (for satellite imagery)

> Can LDM be made to handle/ingest satellite imagery?

The LDM at SSEC already does.

> Products such as TIGN02, which are commonly greater than 1MB, generate
> the error "Buffer would exceed 1048576, resetting input".
>
> A quick hack to ldm-6.0.14/src/pqing/fxbuf.c to increase MAX_CIRCBUFSIZE
> might just do the trick, but would it have negative side-effects when
> the value is increased to 20MB so that it can handle the larger
> (compressed) image files?
>
> Is there a better way, or is increasing the MAX_CIRCBUFSIZE ok?

The pqing(1) decoder is intended as an example of how to write a
decoder -- so you should feel free to modify it in any way necessary to
accomodate your needs.

Offhand, I don't know of any problems that might arise by increasing
the MAX_CIRCBUFSIZE parameter -- but I haven't looked closely at the
pqing(1) code.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson