20030924: getting LDM running (cont.)

>From: Dave Santek <address@hidden>

Hi Dave,

re: >How can I convince you to build and install LDM-6.0.14 on chinook?

>By saying you're trying to move away from version 5....which you did below!

That was easy enough :-)

>I'll give it a try......should I totally remove the binary install?

Yes.  I would clean out the binary installation tree and, just for
good measure, remove the etc directory and its contents.

re: why to do the steps that you did not do

>But, we have other systems here where these seemingly were not done. [At
>least according to Jerry!]

Well, the point is that if things are done according to the installation
instructions, then we don't have to spend additional time troubleshooting
problems that can be avoided.  I am sure that you understand this
from your years of McIDAS support.

>thanx

No worries.

Tom