Re: 20021004:U of Maine WMO Feed

Hi Steve,

Cornells machine is down:

<snip>

From this am...

All -- I am out of town for a family medical emergency.  I have just
checked in and am looking at the problems.

Any one who is feeding from Cornell should fail over to their backup.

I will be bringing up a new machine (and will have to have Unidata
authorize it for my upstream sites) and will send out the address when
it is running.  This machine will only be accessable over the
Internet2.  Schools that are feeding from Cornell that do not have a
route over Internet2 will have to move to another feed site.

Sorry about the late and short notice, but electrical and personal
emergencies have left me in a bind.

More info to follow.

--Bill Noon
Northeast Regional Climate Center
Cornell University
<snip>

Do you need another site to feed from..?

The error:
> Jun 30 15:57:10 rocky rtstats[25047]:
> clnt_create(rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu, 300029, 5, "tcp"):
> rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out

Is nothing to be concerned about, it indicates that you probably are
running LDM 5.* instead of the new and improved 6.0.13.

So you cannot take advantage of the new stats being gathered:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/rtstats/

So if you could upgrade that would be great!

Please see:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/index.html

This will make that error go away..:)

Jeff