20030618: Problem re-starting data filing after upgrade (cont.)

>From: "Kevin Polston" <address@hidden>

Hi Kevin,

>First of all let me say I am not sure if the real-time statistics have
>been set. I had a friend help me install the new LDM.

Since we are not receiving the stats, I have to assume that they are
not; that there is some problem in the exec line that runs them if
they were; or that your machine can not resolve our stats server
name, rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu.

Please check this out by:

1) log onto the machine as the user running the LDM (typically 'ldm')

2) cd ~ldm/etc

3) edit ldmd.conf and make sure that you have a line that reads:

exec    "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

   Make sure that this line is not commented out.

4) if you made any changes to ldmd.conf, stop and restart your LDM

5) use the 'ps' utility to see if rtstats is running:

ps -aux | grep rtstats

   If it is not running, go back to step 3) and try again.

>When i run ldmadmin watch I see all the products go by so that means I
>am receiving products...correct?

Yes.

>I will try to answer the questions you sent me....to see if that can
>help you.
>
>1) My pqact is running since I am getting images and also text data for
>NWX.

Correct.

>2) my pqact.conf file is ok because when I run ldmadmin pqactcheck I get
>the "everything is ok" reply.

This is good to know.

>3)Yes...I think only my GEMPAK decode actions are not running.  This
>would then suggest, as you mentioned, that some environmental variable
>data is not set correctly.

Or, it could mean that GEMPAK is not installed correctly on your
machine; that the GEMPAK decoders can not be found; or that the LDM
does not have write permission to the directories the GEMPAK decoders
need to create output in; or that the GEMPAK tables used in the
decoding can not be found.  Again, I am no expert in setting up GEMPAK
decoding, and Chiz is out of town.

>4) I am over 90% sure that the user runnign the LDM can write to the
>directories that the GEMPAK decoders want to write them to. I say this
>because I have it set up that my owner name is either GEMPAK or LDM and
>the user name is "users".  So I should be able to write to the
>directory.

This is a little confusing probably because of terminology.  In
Unix/Linux each user has a user name and is put into a group.  When one
does a long listing of a directory, the owner of files user and group
names will be listed beside each file name.  Now, if you started
setting up accounts in one way and then changed at some point, you
could end up with some files owned by a particular user, but the group
name might be different (if you changed the group setup, for
instance).  You might be misled into thinking that since the same user
owned the files/directories that s/he could write to them, but the
different group associated with the files would prevent that.  I have
seen this happen on several user's systems over the years, so it is
something to look out for.

>However....after having messed around some more to try and get thinsg
>working when I restart LDM here is a smaple of what I am getting in my
>ldmd.log file:
>
>Jun 18 04:24:23 localhost pqact[1165]: pipe_dbufput:
>decoders/dcmsfc-b9-a10000-ddata/gempak/logs/dcmsfc.log-eGEMTBL=/usr1/nawips/ge
> mpak/tables/usr1/nawips/metdat/gempak/surface/YYYYMMDD_sb.gem
>write error
>Jun 18 04:24:29 localhost pqact[1165]: pbuf_flush (10) write: Broken
>pipe

This says one of two things:

- the decoder dmsfc is not executable

- dmsfc can not write to the directory it needs to create output in

>Jun 18 04:24:29 localhost pqact[1165]: pipe_dbufput:
>decoders/dcacft-eGEMTBL=/usr1/nawips/gempak/tables-ddata/gempak/logs/dcacft.lo
> g/usr1/nawips/metdat/gempak/acft/YYYYMMDDHH_acf.gem
>write error
>Jun 18 04:24:29 localhost pqact[1165]: pipe_prodput: trying again
>Jun 18 04:24:29 localhost pqact[1165]: pbuf_flush (10) write: Broken
>pipe
>Jun 18 04:24:29 localhost pqact[1165]: pipe_dbufput:
>decoders/dcacft-eGEMTBL=/usr1/nawips/gempak/tables-ddata/gempak/logs/dcacft.lo
> g/usr1/nawips/metdat/gempak/acft/YYYYMMDDHH_acf.gem
>write error
>Jun 18 04:24:31 localhost pqact[1165]: pbuf_flush (5) write: Broken pipe

Ditto on these log entries.

>As for installing on a new machine.....well I had been running nawips
>5.6h on this machine previously before upgrading to nawips 5.6j. It is a
>newer machine and the older machine is still running as well.
>However....I am not having any problems with the older machine since I
>am still running nawips5.6h on it but yet upgraded to the new LDM on it
>as well.

So the failure is associated with the upgrade of NAWIPS, not the installation
of a new LDM.

>So, it must be some environmental variable data but I am not
>sure what is wrong.  I guess I am not as much of a linux power user as I
>thought I was....and I was beginning to think I had this down (at least
>a little bit).  :-)

I would review the GEMPAK installation instructions carefully and look
for a small mistake somewhere.

>Just to save time in case you ask I will attach my .Common.cshrc file
>and my Nawips.cshrc file and my Gemenviron file for you to persue over .
>Perhaps you might see something in there that is messed up.

As I have said, I am not versed in GEMPAK installation, so this would
be lost on me.

>Thanks for your help Tom...I appreciate it.

Please check your machine's ldmd.conf file and make sure that it is
setup to report real time statistics.

# Gemenviron file for GEMPAK 5.6
#
#               Sets environment variables used in running GEMPAK
#               UNIDATA Program Center 6/1/92 (PB)
#               Revised 8/31/94 for GEMPAK 5.2
#               Modified 12/95 for Gempak5.2.1/Nawips (Chiz)
#               Modified  8/96 for Gempak5.4/NAWIPS (Chiz)
#               Modified 10/00 for Gempak5.6/NAWIPS (Chiz)
#---------------------------------------------------------------------
#  The command
#               source Gemenviron
#
#  or the individual lines below, must be included in your .login or
#  .cshrc file!
#---------------------------------------------------------------------
# <<CONFIGURE>>
# To build GEMPAK on your system, you should set the NAWIPS variable
# below to the top level of the source distribution tree on your system.
#
#  Please configure the following definitions to reflect your system:
#
# Top level directory:
   setenv NAWIPS /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6
#
# Path for Garp tables and configuration. You should only have to
# modify GARP_PATH if you have unique Garp_defaults for specifc
# data sets, such as case studies. In those cases, creating
# a ntl.case startup script which sets those local environmental variables
# is generally the best solution.
#
   setenv GARPHOME $NAWIPS/comet/garp
   setenv GARP_PATH $GARPHOME/config
#
#
# Uncomment the following line for using GCC compilers (Solaris only)
# set USEGCC_SOL=1
#
# --------------------------------------------------------------------
# Make sure NAWIPS directory exists
#
if ( ! -d $NAWIPS ) then
        echo "Can not find NAWIPS distribution."
        echo 'Check Gemenviron NAWIPS definition ->' $NAWIPS
        unsetenv NAWIPS
        exit
endif

#try to determine operating system: command uname must be in path
#
if($?NA_OS == 0) then
   set TMP_OS=`uname -s | tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`
   switch ($TMP_OS)
        case "aix":
           setenv NA_OS "aix"
           breaksw
        case hp-ux:
           set OS_MAJOR=`uname -r | cut -f1,2 -d.`
           if($OS_MAJOR == 'B.11') then
              setenv XCFLAGS "-DSYSLOG_RETURNS_INT"
           endif
           setenv NA_OS "hpux"
           breaksw
        case irix64:
           setenv XCFLAGS "-o32"
        case irix:
           setenv NA_OS "irix"
           breaksw
        case osf1:
           setenv NA_OS "osf"
           uac p noprint # supress warnings in xw driver for unaligned access
           breaksw
        case sunos:
           set OS_MAJOR=`uname -r | sed 's/\..*//'`
           set HARDWARE=`uname -i | tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`
           setenv NA_OS "sunos"
           if(($OS_MAJOR == 5)&&($?USEGCC_SOL)) then
              setenv NA_OS "sol_gcc"
           else
              setenv NA_OS "sol"
           endif
           if(($NA_OS == 'sol')&&($HARDWARE == 'i86pc')) then
              setenv NA_OS "x86"
           endif
           breaksw
        case ultrix:
           setenv NA_OS "ultrix"
           breaksw
        case linux:
           setenv NA_OS "linux"
           breaksw
        case default:
           echo "trouble determining operating system configuration"
           echo "OS reported $TMP_OS"
           exit
   endsw
endif

# --------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# GEMPAK directory:
#
   setenv GEMPAK $NAWIPS/gempak
   setenv GEMPAKHOME $NAWIPS/gempak
#
# CONFIGURATION directory
   setenv CONFIGDIR $NAWIPS/config
#
# Directory for storing object libraries (GEMPAK + related software):
#
   setenv GEMLIB    $NAWIPS/lib/${NA_OS}
#
# Directory for executables (GEMPAK + related software):
#
   setenv GEMEXE    $NAWIPS/bin/${NA_OS}
#
# Remaining directories used by GEMPAK  (leave as is):
#
   setenv GEMPDF    $GEMPAK/pdf
   setenv GEMTBL    $GEMPAK/tables
   setenv GEMERR    $GEMPAK/error
   setenv GEMHLP    $GEMPAK/help
   setenv GEMMAPS   $GEMPAK/maps
   setenv GEMNTS    $GEMPAK/nts
   setenv GEMPARM   $GEMPAK/parm
   setenv GEMPTXT   $GEMPAK/txt/programs
   setenv GEMGTXT   $GEMPAK/txt/gemlib
#
#  NAWIPS specific directories
#
   setenv NAWIPS_EXE    $GEMEXE
   setenv NAWIPS_LIB    $GEMLIB
   setenv NAWIPS_INC    $NAWIPS/include
   setenv NAWIPS_HELP   $NAWIPS/help
   setenv NAWIPS_TABLES $NAWIPS/tables
   setenv NWX_TABLES    $NAWIPS_TABLES/nwx
   setenv NMAP_RESTORE  $GEMNTS/nmap/restore
#
#  MEL_BUFR environment
   setenv MEL_BUFR             $GEMPAK/source/melbufr
   setenv MEL_BUFR_TABLES      $GEMPAK/tables/melbufr
#
#
   setenv BRDGDIR   $NAWIPS/unidata/ldmbridge
#
# Add NAWIPS to the X applications resource path.
#
set xresources=""

if ( -d $NAWIPS/resource ) then
        set xresources="$NAWIPS/resource/%N"
        if ( $?XUSERFILESEARCHPATH ) then
           setenv XUSERFILESEARCHPATH ${xresources}:${XUSERFILESEARCHPATH}
        else
           setenv XUSERFILESEARCHPATH $xresources
        endif
endif

#
#
# Set PATH to include $GEMEXE
#
setenv SCRIPTS_EXE   $NAWIPS/bin/scripts
setenv PATH ${PATH}:${GEMEXE}:${SCRIPTS_EXE}

#
# --------------------------------------------------------------------
# <<CONFIGURE>>
# Data directories, either real time or the Hurricane Bob sample data set:
#
#  setenv GEMDATA       $GEMPAK/data
   setenv GEMDATA       /data/ldm/gempak
   setenv OBS           $GEMDATA
#
# Location of meta files (generated with NC decide driver)
   setenv NTRANS_META   $GEMDATA/meta
#
# Location of text bulletins for use with NWX
   setenv TEXT_DATA     $GEMDATA/nwx
#
#   These are used by NAFOS (not supported by Unidata)
#   setenv AFOS_BITMAPS  $NAWIPS/nprogs/afos/bitmaps
#   setenv AFOS_DATA     $NAWIPS/tmp
#   setenv AFOS_LOG      $NAWIPS/tmp
#   setenv AFOS_BIN      $NAWIPS/tmp

#   Used by Nalarm (path component /nawips is added automatically by program).
#   Write products into $GEMDATA/alarms/nawips for display.
    setenv AFOS_ALARMS   $GEMDATA/alarms/
#
#  Location of NSAT directory tree "Required!!"...must exist
#
   setenv SAT           $GEMDATA/images/sat
   setenv RAD           $GEMDATA/nexrad
#
#
# Below follow  variables for data locations (site specific)
# Not required for NAWIPS, but may be used in scripts etc.
#
   setenv LDMDATA       /data/ldm
   setenv GOES8         $SAT/GOES-8
   setenv GOES9         $SAT/GOES-9
   setenv HDS           $GEMDATA/hds
   setenv MODEL         $GEMDATA/model
   setenv SFCOA         $METDAT/gempak/oagrids
   setenv SAO           $GEMDATA/surface
   setenv UPA           $GEMDATA/upperair
   setenv RAW_SAO       $LDMDATA/surface/sao
   setenv RAW_SYN       $LDMDATA/surface/syn
   setenv RAW_UPA       $LDMDATA/upperair
   setenv NLDN          $GEMDATA/nldn

   setenv TORN_WARN     $TEXT_DATA/watch_warn/torn_warn
   setenv TSTRM_WARN    $TEXT_DATA/watch_warn/tstrm_warn
   setenv TEXT_WARN     $TEXT_DATA/watch_warn

   setenv RBKGPH        $GEMDATA/redbook

   if($?HOME) then
      setenv GRPHGD $HOME
   else
      setenv GRPHGD $GEMPAK
   endif
#
#  Print command and flags for systems
   setenv LP "lp -c"
   setenv LPFLAG "-d"

#!/bin/csh  -f
#-------------------------------------------------------
#
# cshrc file for NAWIPS usage
#
# Please read all the comments below and when requested,
# make changes to reflect your system set-up.
#
# Log
# R.Miller/NWS ??
# P.Bruehl/NWS  11/95   Revised for 5.2.1, documented
# P.Bruehl/NWS  10/96   Updated for 5.4
# P.Bruehl/NWS  12/96   LINUX version
# R.Rozumalski  01/00   Consolidated HPUX and LINUX versions
# R.Rozumalski  10/00   Updated for 5.6
#-------------------------------------------------------
#
# Note:  the environment variable $NA_OS must be set
# to the operating system (i.e. hpux) before this file is
# sourced.  Normally, it is set in Common.cshrc.
#
#  You SHOULD NOT have to edit anything in this file.  The only
#  exception is if you have the modsnd distribution located
#  somewhere other than $NAWIPS/modsnd.  If this is the case
#  either move the modsnd directory to $NAWIPS or edit the appropriate
#  lines below.

#  Make sure $NAWIPS is defined in Common.cshrc file.
#
if ( ! $?NAWIPS)  then
   setenv NAWIPS `pwd`
   echo " "
   echo "NAWIPS is not correctly set. Please define"
   echo "NAWIPS in your Common.cshrc file."
   echo " "
   echo "Using $NAWIPS for now."
   echo " "
endif
#
#  Define the root directory of the NAWIPS distribution
#
        setenv GARPHOME  $NAWIPS/garp
        setenv GARP_PATH $GARPHOME/config
#
# Make sure NAWIPS directory exists
#
if ( ! -d $NAWIPS ) then
        echo "Can not find NAWIPS distribution--Check directory and"
        echo "modify Nawips.cshrc"
        unsetenv NAWIPS
        exit
endif

#
# Define the root of the data directory tree--only if it has
# not previously been defined.  Normally this directory is
# defined in Common.cshrc
#
# If $METDAT has NOT been defined, this sets it to the sample
# data directory tree included in the NAWIPS 5.2.1 distribution

if ( ! $?METDAT) setenv METDAT $NAWIPS/metdat

#
#  Add NAWIPS executables & scripts to the end of the existing path
#

set path = ( $path $NAWIPS/exe/${NA_OS} $NAWIPS/exe/scripts/soosac \
             $NAWIPS/exe/scripts/comet $NAWIPS/exe/scripts/nawips \
             $NAWIPS/exe/scripts/ez )

#
#  If you have installed MODSND then include the directory in your path.
#  If the location of modsnd on your machine is not in the same place as
#  indicated below, then change it.
#
if ( -d $NAWIPS/modsnd ) then
   set path = ( $path $NAWIPS/modsnd )
endif

#
# Add NAWIPS to the X applications resource path.
#
set xresources=""
if ( -d $NAWIPS/resource ) then
   set xresources="$NAWIPS/resource/%N"
endif

# NAWIPS env variables.
#
# No need to change these, unless you have a good reason
#
    setenv CONFIGDIR            $NAWIPS/config
    setenv NAWIPS_EXE           $NAWIPS/exe/$NA_OS
    setenv NAWIPS_LIB           $NAWIPS/lib/$NA_OS
    setenv NAWIPS_INC           $NAWIPS/include
    setenv NAWIPS_TABLES        $NAWIPS/tables
    setenv NAWIPS_HELP          $NAWIPS/help
    setenv NWX_TABLES           $NAWIPS_TABLES/nwx

#
#  GUI Program specific variables
#
    setenv NTRANS               $NAWIPS/nprogs/ntrans
    setenv AFOS                 $NAWIPS/nprogs/afos
    setenv AFOS_BITMAPS         $AFOS/bitmaps
    setenv NSAT                 $NAWIPS/nprogs/nsat
    setenv NWX                  $NAWIPS/nprogs/nwx
    setenv NTL                  $NAWIPS/nprogs/ntl

#
#  GEMPAK specific variables
#
    setenv GEMPAK           $NAWIPS/gempak
    setenv GEMLIB           $NAWIPS/lib/$NA_OS
    setenv GEMEXE           $NAWIPS_EXE
    setenv GEM_OS           $NA_OS

    setenv GEMPAKHOME       $GEMPAK
    setenv GEMDATA          $GEMPAK/data
    setenv GEMPDF           $GEMPAK/pdf
    setenv GEMNTS           $GEMPAK/nts
    setenv GEMTBL           $GEMPAK/tables
    setenv GEMERR           $GEMPAK/error
    setenv GEMHLP           $GEMPAK/help
    setenv GEMMAPS          $NAWIPS/gempak/maps
    setenv GEMPARM          $GEMPAK/parm
    setenv GEMPTXT          $GEMPAK/txt/programs
    setenv GEMGTXT          $GEMPAK/txt/gemlib
    setenv NMAP_RESTORE     $GEMNTS/nmap/restore

#
#  Data
#

    setenv NADATA               $METDAT

    setenv TEXT_DATA            $NADATA/nwx
    setenv NWX_TABLES           $NAWIPS/tables/nwx

    setenv NTRANS_META          $NADATA/meta

    setenv SAT                  $NADATA/images/sat
    setenv GOES8                $SAT/GOES-8
    setenv GOES9                $SAT/GOES-9

    setenv RAD                  $NADATA/images/radar
    setenv HDS                  $NADATA/hds

    setenv SFCOA                $NADATA/gempak/oagrids
    setenv MODEL                $NADATA/gempak/grids
    setenv OBS                  $NADATA/weather
    setenv SAO_GEM_DATA         $NADATA/gempak/surface
    setenv UPA_GEM_DATA         $NADATA/gempak/upperair

    setenv TORN_WARN            $TEXT_DATA/watch_warn/torn_warn
    setenv TSTRM_WARN           $TEXT_DATA/watch_warn/tstrm_warn

    setenv RBKGPH               $GEMDATA/redbook

    setenv AFOS_DATA            $NADATA/raw/afos/afos_data
    setenv AFOS_BIN             $NADATA/raw/afos/afos_bin
    setenv AFOS_LOG             $NADATA/raw/afos/afos_log
    setenv AFOS_ALARMS          $NADATA/raw/afos/afos_alarms

    if($?HOME) then
      setenv GRPHGD $HOME
    else
      setenv GRPHGD $GEMPAK
    endif

# Done

#!/bin/csh  -f
#-------------------------------------------------------
#
# cshrc file for Common usage
#
# Please read all the comments below and when requested,
# make changes to reflect your system set-up.
#
# Log
# R.Miller/NWS ??
# P.Bruehl/NWS  11/95   Revised for 5.2.1, documented
# P.Bruehl/NWS  10/96   Updated for 5.4
# P.Bruehl/NWS   4/97   Updated to support Linux
# R.Rozumalski   1/00   Added Workstation Eta support
#-------------------------------------------------------
#
# Set file permission mask (-rwxr-x-r-x)
#
umask 022
#
# Define system type.
#
setenv OS                       `/bin/uname -s`
#
# Set the DISPLAY variable if it isn't set
#
setenv HOMEHOST ""
#
# Set your default printer (Berkeley and System 5 unix)
#
# "hp4" is just an example--add your printer name here
# and uncomment the following two lines
#
#setenv PRINTER        hp4
#setenv LPDEST         $PRINTER

#  Define the location of the NAWIPS, WS ETA, and RTDATA
#  distributions.  Note that this has changes from previous
#  versions of the Common.cshrc  file.
#
switch ($OS)

        case "HP-UX":
        case "HPUX":
                setenv NAWIPS /usr1/nawips
                setenv METDAT $NAWIPS/metdat
                setenv RTDATA $NAWIPS/gribmaster2.1

                setenv WS_ETA /usr1/worketa
        breaksw

        case "Linux":
                setenv NAWIPS /usr1/nawips
                setenv METDAT $NAWIPS/metdat
                setenv RTDATA $NAWIPS/gribmaster2.1
                setenv GMASTER /usr1/nawips/gribmaster
                setenv GRIB_PATH /usr1/nawips/metdat/raw/grib
                setenv WS_ETA /usr1/worketa
        breaksw

        default:
                setenv NAWIPS /usr1/nawips
                setenv METDAT $NAWIPS/metdat
                setenv RTDATA $NAWIPS/gribmaster2.1

                setenv WS_ETA /usr1/worketa
        breaksw

endsw

#  Define the OS type
#
set TMP_OS=`uname -s | tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`
setenv NA_OS  $TMP_OS
setenv ETA_OS $TMP_OS

set    comp_path  = ()

# Some standatrd vi editor defaults.  If you uncomment
# this setting, it will override your .exrc file
#
#setenv EXINIT  "set ic nowrapscan showmode|map t :'a,'b"

#
#  Make OS-specific definitions
#  Do not change these unless you're absolutely sure.
#
switch ($OS)

   case "HP-UX":
   case "HPUX":
        setenv ARCH          hp
        setenv OS            HPUX
        setenv MANPATH
"/usr/man:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/local/man:/usr/contrib/man:/usr/local/X11/man"
        setenv F77_FLAG "+E4 +E6"
        setenv CC_FLAG  ""
        setenv F77_LINK ""
#       set    comp_path  = ( /opt/ansic/bin /opt/fortran/bin
/opt/fortran90/bin )
   breaksw

   case "Linux":
        setenv ARCH          linux
        setenv MANPATH
"/usr/man:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/local/man:/usr/contrib/man"
        setenv F77_FLAG "+E4 +E6"
        setenv CC_FLAG  ""
        setenv F77_LINK ""

        setenv PGI     /usr/pgi
        setenv LM_LICENSE_FILE $PGI/license.dat
        setenv ABSOFT  /usr/absoft

#       set    comp_path  = ( $ABSOFT/bin $PGI/linux86/bin )
   breaksw

   default:
        echo ".cshrc does not know about $OS type."
   breaksw

endsw

#
#  Set up a default search path.
#  You may add directories here, but note that order is important.
#  Also, if you plan of using your compilers it is important that you
#  add them you the path below.  For HPUX users this will likely be
#  /opt/ansic/bin, /opt/fortran90/bin, and /opt/fortran/bin . For
#  LINUX users you will either use /usr/absoft/bin or $PGI/linux86/bin
#  depending on the compiler. Also you will have to set the $PGI or
#  $ABSOFT environmental vaiables somewhere above.  By default these
#  are:

set path = ( . $comp_path  ~/bin  /usr/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin/X11  \
               /usr/local/X11/bin /bin /sbin /usr/sbin /usr/bin )

#
#  Source GEMPAK/NAWIPS applications.
#
if ( -e $NAWIPS/Nawips.cshrc ) then
        source $NAWIPS/Nawips.cshrc
endif

#
#  Source Workstation ETA applications.
#
if ( -e $WS_ETA/ETA.cshrc ) then
    source $WS_ETA/ETA.cshrc
endif

#
#  X-Windows application resource search path
#
if ($?xresources) then
        setenv XUSERFILESEARCHPATH \
        ~/.app-defaults/%N:${xresources}:/usr/local/lib/app-defaults/%N
        unset xresources
else
        setenv XUSERFILESEARCHPATH \
        ~/.app-defaults/%N:/usr/local/lib/app-defaults/%N
endif

# Miscellaneous definitions
#
set filec
set cdpath = ( ~ )
set notify
set history = 200 savehist = 200
#limit coredumpsize 0

# Done!
#
# Check for noninteractive shell
#
# No need to change this
#
set TTY="`tty`"
if ($?0 || ! $?prompt) exit 0
if ( "$TTY" == "not a tty" ) exit 0

#
#  Set the DISPLAY to use fastest transport available if
#  sitting at the console of the workstation.
#
if ( "$TTY" == "/dev/console" ) then
     setenv DISPLAY :0.0
endif

#
# Make a failsafe setting for the DISPLAY variable if not
# a console log on.
#
if ( ! $?DISPLAY ) setenv DISPLAY  ${HOMEHOST}:0.0

#
# Set prompt
#
set host=`hostname | cut -d"." -f1`