20030612: LDM information (cont.)

>From: Richard Chinman <address@hidden>

Hi Richard,

>Thanks for your quick turn-around on answering my LDM
>questions.

No worries.

>I realize that LDM software must be run on a Unix
>operating system (right?),

Right.

>but I am running Windows
>2000 on the machine onto which I want to download the
>documentation.

No problem there.

>Should I still try to download from the ftp site?

Yup.

>And if I do, is there software I'll need to "undo" that .Z
>file?

Windows typically has an unzip routine that may be able to handle
the Unix 'compress' format.

>I am, by the way, registered for the upcoming Unidata
>workshop and am hoping that LDM technology will be
>addressed.

There will be a 'meet the developers' period each day where
you can talk to the developers of each of the packages we
offer.  That would be the best time to get the information
you need.

>Thanks.
>Richard Chinman

Tom