20030612: pq_insert status error of 14

Mirna,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "Mirna G Abyad" <address@hidden>
> Subject: pq_insert

> Hi,
>
> I am a developer with ROC.

Hello ROC developer!  I'm the LDM developer.

> I am getting a status error of 14 from pq_insert.  I am trying to
> figure out the meaning of the error.  Do you know where I may be able
> to get more information?

I use the source code -- in this case it's file "src/pq/pq.c".

The error-code is the <errno.h> error-code.  On my system:

    $ uname -srv
    SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-21

an error-code of 14 means

    $ grep -w 14 /usr/include/sys/errno.h
    #define     EFAULT  14      /* Bad address                          */

I see that the functions sigprocmask(), fcntl(), open(), write(), and
read() can all return EFAULT.  These functions are used by the pq
module.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson