20030425: LDM upgrade on waldo (cont.)

>From: "Anderson, Alan C. " <address@hidden>

Hi Alan,

>I have been out for a couple of days, so did not see your message.
>I would be happy to have you do the upgrade on waldo.

OK.

>I do not have ssh installed on waldo, as we plan to discontinue
>using it (him) as our ingest terminal and switch to  another
>terminal (cyclone) for ldm within a few weeks.  I do not have
>the ldm installed there yet,  had planned to start that next week.
>Then waldo will likely be turned off.

If you are going to move LDM activities to cyclone early next week, then
there is no need to upgrade the LDM on waldo.  If the transition
takes longer than a couple of days, I would just as soon upgrade waldo
so we can upgrade the LDM on our rtstats machine to 6.x.

>Right now, Friday aft.  I have telnet and
>ftp turned off on waldo.  I will plan to open these up on Monday
>morning, (April 28) also have my campus network person make the needed
>changes.

OK.

>Since we plan to change our ldm machine within the next few weeks,
>perhaps the upgrade on waldo is not so important.  Let me know your
>opinion.

What would be best depends on when cyclone will be pressed into service
and replace waldo.  If this will happen before the end of the week next
week, then I say to leave things as they are.  If the horizon is further
out, I would just as soon upgrade waldo even though it won't be used
for that much longer.

Thanks for getting back to me...

Tom

>From address@hidden Sat Apr 26 05:57:25 2003

Tom
Lets plan to upgrade waldo.   I will turn on access Mon. am.
I think you already have the pw for user ldm, and you can
su from there.  Let me know if this is not correct.

Alan