Re: Testing a script in pqact.conf

Joanna Green wrote:

> Thanks for responding.  I'm new at this, so please bear with me.
>
> I did the following:
>
> pqcreate -v -s 3000000 -q test.pq    ( created test.pq OK)
> pqinsert -v -f FSL5 -q /usr/local/ldm/data/test.pq eta.t12z.awip3227.16
> (looks
> like it inserted OK)
> pqact -v -q /usr/local/ldm/data/test.pq pqact.conf     ( gave me back my
> prompt)
> pqcat -q /usr/local/ldm/data/test.pq -f FSL5 > /dev/null
>         pqcat:  Number of products 1
>
> However, I don't think it ran because the script usually produces a log file
> that
> was not created.  Also how do I use pqexpire, would you please provide
> examples?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JoAnna Green.

Hi JoAnna,

(Btw, my apologies for the typo in your name on my earlier message.  I know it's
Joann*a*, but I fat fingered it.)

What you're doing looks pretty good.  Either there's a problem with the
arguments to pqact so it's not finding that product that's already in the queue,
or there's an error in the conf file entry.  I suspect the latter, because pqact
should just wait, and not return.  But, you're pqact output is going into the
ldm log by default.  Did you see any messages there?

First, I assume you ran these commands as user 'ldm', so that all permissions
are still correct, e.g. the script has permission to write a log file in the
appropriate directory.

I suggest starting pqact first, then pqinserting the product into the queue.
Then you can avoid the offset issue (see the man page for the -o option to
pqact).

I would run pqact like this:

pqact -v -l - -i 1 -q /usr/local/ldm/data/test.pq /usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.conf

so you can see it's output on the screen, and it will continue to poll for new
data.

If the script did not run, perhaps your regular expression is incorrect?  To
test just that, add another entry that uses that regular expression but that
runs a very simple script that, say, creates a 0 length file.  That way you can
ensure that the regular expression is correct.

Regarding pqexpire, it does have a man page.  I'd try:

pqexpire -v -l - -q /usr/local/ldm/data/test.pq -f FSL5

or some variation thereof.  The -a option might also be useful.

Hope this helps.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307