20030320: ldmsend

Harry,

[Please use the email address <address@hidden> rather than
<address@hidden> for support inquiries of this type.]

> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:36:43 -0800
> From: Harry Chen <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Bug ?

> Hi:
> I am building up a system which will use to ingest Nexrad level II data.
> the LDM program tree was be packed by
> tar cvfp from one
> SunOS 5.6 Generic_105181-26 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80 ( in here it rus
> well )
> SunOS 5.6 Generic_105181-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
>
> The 1st strange thing is it runs OK but data can not be put into ldm.pq
> ( which was monitored by pqmon )

Troubleshooting an LDM system can be difficult.  Is there any way that I
could log-onto the system in question as user LDM?

Otherwise, please start with the following:

    1.  Go to the home directory of the LDM user.

    2.  Stop your LDM system:

            ldmadmin stop

    3.  Start your LDM system with verbose logging:

            ldmadmin start -v

    4.  Use the ldmsend(1) utility with verbose logging enabled to send
        a file to the LDM, e.g.,

            ldmsend -v -f EXP etc/ldmd.conf

    5.  Send me the LDM logfile (i.e., "logs/ldmd.log").

Be advised that there's a bug in the ldmsend utility in the LDM 6.0.2
release: the utility won't correctly send a data product to a running
LDM-6.  I'm currently fixing the problem.

Regards,