20030318: 20030317: LDM with NOAAPORT SDI

>From: "Hongming Qi" <address@hidden>

Hongming,

>Data is coming after these modifications. Thank you so much!

You are welcome.

>By the way, I know you decode the lightning data from SUNY. But I wonder
>if  you also decode these lightning data from NOAAPORT.

No, we don't.

>Do you think if
>these lightning data we use LDM to extract from NOAAPORT is encrypted or
>not?

I have been told that the NOAAPORT lightning data is encrypted, but I
have never actually looked at it to make sure.  We never had the need
since the university community can get the data from SUNY Albany.  I
think you have to get a decryption key from somebody to decode the
NOAAPORT lightning data, but I don't know who.

Perhaps the folks at Johnson Space Center would know how to do this.
Try sending an email to Brian Hoeth:

Brian Hoeth <address@hidden>

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Mar 18 08:24:44 2003

Tom,

Thanks! We have talked with one guy in aviation department of NOAA. He
agrees to give us their decoders.

Regards,
Hongming