20030314: partial LDM-6 installation on weather2 (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Hey Gilbert,

re: which machines ingest from the outside

>Well, both, kinda. Weather2 is the main ingest machine, but weather
>ingests NLDN and Meteorologix MNG radar images.

Would it be possible to ingest NLDN on weather2 and feed it to weather
so that weather2 is your primary IDD node?  This way, it could report
back the statistics and be representative of IDD traffic to/from
NIU.

re: Thanks for finishing the LDM-6 installation!
>Well...it would help if I added an "rtstas" exec line to weather's
>ldmd.conf now, wouldn't it? ;-) D'oh! I kept forgetting to do that. I just
>did now. Should be working!

It is working now.  We can leave this as it is for now if you don't want
to initiate NLDN ingest on weather2.  If, however, you switch ingest
over to weather2 and feed weather, then reporting the real time stats
from weather becomes a much less important IDD diagnostic data source.

>From address@hidden Fri Mar 14 12:09:42 2003

>Is it just me, or...

>The load average on my machine is considerably lower, yet data is coming
>in fine. What's up with that?

What's up with that is that LDM-6 is much more efficient in moving data
than LDM-5.  It will become even more efficient for you as your upstream
and downstream feed sites move to LDM-6.

Later...

Tom