20030313: partial LDM-6 installation on weather2 (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Hi Gilbert,

>A quick note here. I'll respond in more detail and put LDM 6.0 up on
>weather2 tomorrow.

Super, thanks.

>But, I'll need your help next week, if you don't mind.

No worries.

>Weather.admin.niu.edu is finally being replaced. The dual P2-450 MHZ
>machine will become weather3, which essentially is dead due to a bad power
>supply and dead CD-ROM. Weather will become a 3 GHZ, 2 GB ram, 15k RPM, 72
>GB two-Raid array machine that will hopefully carry me into the next 2-3
>years.

Nice...

>I can install the LDM on it, but can you put McIDAS and LDM-McIDAS
>on there? I intend to start Wednesday, 6 days from now.

Sure.  If you like, I can put LDM-6 on there as well.  What I would need
is either the 'root' login or access to an account that has sudo privilege.

>Thanks, as always, for any and all help,

No worries.  Let me know when you are ready to go with the new 'weather'.

Tom