RE: 20030227: LDM - Linux - Running LDM on clustered systems

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your reply. What I'm mostly interested in is feeding data
from LDM running on nodes within a cluster to LDM running on other
systems outside the cluster. The cluster would of course be located
at this site, but the other LDM systems could be located here or at
any of our other offices. The problem we are trying to solve is this.
We currently have a primary and a backup LDM system receiving Noaaport
data. There are several other LDM systems (here and at some of our
other offices) that request certain types of data from the primary LDM
system. Data transfers and processing are required 24/7 but the local
and remote systems are not monitored (by humans) during extended
periods nights and weekends. If the primary LDM system fails (LDM
crashes, disk failure, motherboard failure, network card failure, etc)
and the system cannot be brought back quickly, the remote systems are
manually failed-over to request data from the backup system. What we
would like to do is cluster the primary and backup LDM systems in such
a way that they look like a single system to the remote systems; that
is, if the one system in the cluster is down for some reason, requests
by LDM on the remote systems for a data connection would be passed to
the working system in the cluster without any human intervention on the
remote systems. We were wondering if anyone had used LDM with clusters
in this way.

Best regards,
Herm