20030227:ASU-Unidata update

Hi Nancy,

Yes, I will leave the allow on thelma until we resolve what we want to
do..not a problem.

However,

<snip>
I still don't quite understand why that outgoing message would be 4 times
the size of the incoming data stream,
<snip>

This makes no sense unless you are feeding other sites..Do you have any
allows in your ldmd.conf?

<snip>
Another curiousity that's poking up is that the number of data packets
being received by mothra exceeds the number sent by thelma.  This is
resulting in a "Number of periods not equal" message at the LDM comparison
site.
<snip>

This is also quite strange...is mothra requesting anything else from
another site..i.e. NLDN from striker..?

Please send me your ldmd.conf file, I think that is the best way for me to
investigate...

I went to ASU for a year in 1993 to get some physics behind me before
going to grad school here at CU, and I know how ASU and U of A are like
oil and water..:)  Just a comic aside to the issues at hand of getting
prompt data delivery from U of A..  Go Devils!

Cheers,

-Jeff
COMET Case Study Library                      FX:303-497-8690