20030224: LLDM 6 testing

>From: Carl Sinclair <address@hidden>

Carl,

>I'm unsure about the CONDUIT feed simply because of the University
>bandwidth it would use.

It turns out that you/CAPS (munchkin.caps.ou.edu) are already getting a
large portion (ETA and AVN) of the CONDUIT feed.  It should be a simple
matter, therefore, to get the feed from them for testing purposes.

>I'll check with my sysadmin (he'll be helping
>with the testing) and see what he thinks.

OK.

>Other than that, we'll just wait to hear from Steve. Thanks.

Steve may have to do some work to get his stuff usable in a test.  The
CONDUIT data, on the other hand, would provide you with a ready-to-use
stream of "real" data right now.  Plus, the volume of CRAFT data
from approx.  55 radars pales in comparison to the CONDUIT data --
CRAFT: ~4 GB/day; CONDUIT 1.2-1.8 GB/hour.

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Feb 25 07:20:57 2003

Tom,

Thanks for the info.  We should be able to get started on it pretty
soon.

Carl