20030217: LDM 6 release candidate tests at OU/CAPS (cont.)

>From: Kelvin Droegemeier <address@hidden>

Hi Kelvin,

>The tine taken for a complete volume scan is 5 or 6 minutes....we absolutely
>cannot wait for a complete scan before data are sent....

I was trying to suggest that instead of sending 100 radials as an
LDM product, you may want to consider sending 365 radials which I believe
is one full scan at a single radar tilt.  My reasoning was that this
would cut down on the number of products being sent by a factor of 3.65
thus making the LDM-to-LDM transfers more efficient and possibly make
it simplier and quicker to create PPI products on the receiving end.
Since I am not intimately aware of all of the steps currently being
taken in the post-receipt processing, this may not much of a benefit,
but I wanted to make you aware of new possibilities with LDM 6.

>has to be done in
>segments so that users can start building products asap.  This is THE most
>important issue of the entire project....

OK.  Thanks for the explanation.

>Thanks for providing such detailed info!!!

No worries.  We are looking forward to Carl's observations on how the
new LDM works in your setup.

One last minor item for Carl, LDM 6 understands CRAFT as a feed type
(for better project name recognition).