Re: 20030120: ldm-6.0.0.8 loaded on thelma; CONDUIT thrashing

Tom,

>Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:39:09 -0700
>From: Tom Yoksas <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden,
>To: address@hidden,
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: 20030120: ldm-6.0.0.8 loaded on thelma; CONDUIT thrashing

> It seems to me that we are not making any progress.  For instance,
> Harry's feed of CONDUIT has gotten significantly worse (higher latencies)
> now that thelma and marzipan are running LDM 6.
>
> Comments?

We need to profile a high-CPU-usage LDM child-process on either
Thelma or Motherlode to discover why it's using so much CPU time.
Unfortunately, dbx(1) aborts with the message "Cannot install profiling"
when I try to do this.

Mike and I will work on this problem today.

Regards,